The articles, sections, and services available on Communications' Web site all vie for visitor attention. According to our latest Web statistics, the following features are the most popular in pageviews since the site's formal launch in April 2009.
Top Opinion Content
FYI: All but #2 are from the Viewpoints section of the print issue.
- Research Evaluation for Computer Science
- Conferences vs. Journals in Computing Research
- CS Education in the U.S.: Heading in the Wrong Direction?
- Time for Computer Science to Grow Up
- Computing as Social Science
- Why "Open Source" Misses the Point of Free Software
- Advising Students for Success
- Teaching Computing to Everyone
- Beyond Computational Thinking
- An Interview With C.A.R. Hoare
Top Practice Articles
FYI: High readership is common for material from the print edition's Practice pages.
- The Five-Minute Rule 20 Years Later
- API Design Matters
- Whither Sockets?
- Security in the Browser
- A Direct Path to Dependable Software
Most Popular Browse by Subject Categories
FYI: The AI page gets more pageviews than the BBS landing page.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Human-Computer Interaction
FYI: These pages deliver a service, not just information.
- Sign In
- Forgot Your Password
- Create a Web Account
- RSS Feeds
- Alerts and Feeds
©2009 ACM 0001-0782/09/1000 $10.00
Permission to make digital or hard copies of all or part of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee.
The Digital Library is published by the Association for Computing Machinery. Copyright © 2009 ACM, Inc.