Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University have shown that a new congestion control algorithm (CCA) developed by Google may compete unfairly with other services on overloaded networks.
The new BBR algorithm would take up to 40% of the bandwidth of a given network, leaving the remaining 60% to be split between the other parties on the network.
When only two users are sharing the network, BBR takes its normal 40%, but as more users are added to the network, BBR keeps its 40% and leaves the rest to be divided up into smaller and smaller portions.
From Carnegie Mellon University CyLab Security and Privacy Institute
View Full Article
Abstracts Copyright © 2019 SmithBucklin, Washington, DC, USA