China's focus on science and technology is relentless, and is occurring at all levels of its society. Its labor pool is getting increasingly sophisticated, its leadership is focused on innovation, and the country is adopting policies designed to pressure U.S. firms to transfer their technology.
The trend is causing increasing worry in Washington, but despite this there are five reasons why China may succeed in its goal to achieve world dominance in technology.
- China's leadership understands engineering
- China's leadership wants to out-innovate the U.S.
- China's science and technical talent pool is vast
- The U.S. is failing at science and math education
- China is getting U.S. technology, all of it
View Full Article